LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN, Ga. - The 18th-ranked Sewanee men's tennis team captured an 8-1 victory over the Scots of Covenant College Friday afternoon.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (14-5) 8, Covenant (6-7) 1
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Men's Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
-Sewanee clinched the match at the No. 1 flight with a 6-0, 6-1 win for Fletcher Kerr.
-Thomas Harrison went into a tie break with Chris Morton at the No. 4 flight with a 7-5 victory in the first set. He later took the point, 6-3.
1. Fletcher Kerr (SEWANEE) def. Logan Hull (CCM) 6-0, 6-1
2. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) def. Paxton Haggerty (CCM) 6-3, 6-0
3. Dane Hawthorne (SEWANEE) def. Ben Luke (CCM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Thomas Harrison (SEWANEE) def. Chris Morton (CCM) 7-5, 6-3
5. Mike Tefel (SEWANEE) def. Cameron Cortman (CCM) 6-2, 6-1
6. Tyler Kelly (CCM) def. Edward O'Neal (SEWANEE) 6-1, 6-2
1. Aubrey Davis/Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Paxton Haggerty/Trey Wood (CCM) 8-2
2. Fletcher Kerr/Ryan Wax (SEWANEE) def. Logan Hull/Chris Morton (CCM) 8-4
3. Mac McCullough/Hamza Khan (SEWANEE) def. Tyler Kelly/Ben Luke (CCM) 8-4
The Tigers will return to the friendly confines of the Cumberland Plateau for a Southern Athletic Association match with Berry, beginning at 10 a.m. Saturday from the Bruton-Guerry Tennis Center.