MURFREESBORO, Tenn. - The Sewanee men's tennis team, ranked 20th in the country, defeated the Warriors of Hendrix College Friday afternoon in the quarterfinal round of the 2019 Southern Athletic Association Men's Tennis Tournament, 5-0, from the Adams Tennis Complex.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Final Score: Sewanee (19-6) 5, Hendrix (0-16) 0
Sewanee Athletics Social Media | Twitter/Instagram: @SewaneeTigers
Tennis Social Media | Twitter: @USouthTennis | Instagram: @Sewanee_Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED
-The doubles teams did not allow a single point to the Warriors, sweeping the team, 24-0.
1. Jack Gray (SEWANEE) def. Nathan Hudson (HENDRIXM) 6-0, 6-0
2. Brandon Kali (SEWANEE) vs. Sasin Payakachat (HENDRIXM) 6-0, unfinished
3. Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Andrew Eveld (HENDRIXM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Ryan Olps (SEWANEE) vs. Elijah Ballard (HENDRIXM) 6-0, unfinished
5. Aubrey Davis (SEWANEE) vs. Dylan Hurst (HENDRIXM) 6-0, unfinished
6. Ryan Wax (SEWANEE) vs. Connor Onitsuka (HENDRIXM) 6-0, unfinished
1. Aubrey Davis/Jordan Brewer (SEWANEE) def. Nathan Hudson/Andrew Eveld (HENDRIXM) 8-0
2. Brandon Kali/Ryan Wax (SEWANEE) def. Connor Onitsuka/Sasin Payakachat (HENDRIXM) 8-0
3. Jack Gray/Ryan Olps (SEWANEE) def. Dylan Hurst/Elijah Ballard (HENDRIXM) 8-0
The Tigers will next play in the semifinals Saturday morning at 9 a.m. against 4-seed Millsaps.